Orthopedic Spine Surgeon
Dr. Jeffrey Wingate
Dr. Wingate is a fellowship trained orthopedic spine surgeon and for more than two decades has been board certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery. He has practiced medicine for 29 years, specializing in comprehensive spine care for people who have neck or back injuries and degenerative conditions.
Dr. Wingate attended Emory University as a Woodruff Scholar where he graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts in French Literature. He earned his Doctorate of Medicine from the Medical University of South Carolina, College of Medicine. Dr. Wingate completed seven years of post-doctoral training which included residencies at the Medical University of South Carolina, in both general and orthopedic surgery. In addition to his residency training, Dr. Wingate went on to complete a fellowship in surgical management of the lumbar, thoracic, and cervical spines with the Carolina Spine Institute.
Dr. Wingate’s Most Common Procedures Include:
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy with Interbody Fusion
- Disc Replacement
- Surgical Support for Pain Management Devices
Dr. Wingate’s formal, specialized training in the evaluation and surgical management of spine problems, combined with his almost thirty years of experience, has provided him with the expertise to surgically intervene when a condition requires this form of treatment. He works closely with other medical specialists and physical therapists to help patients get the best possible outcome and optimize recovery and rehabilitation. Through his active involvement in research and teaching, both in the United States and internationally, Dr. Wingate strives to provide exceptional patient care and to contribute to the betterment of his profession and patient outcomes. He is passionate about investing in spinal care education for both medical providers and patients alike.
In his free time, Dr. Wingate takes joy in spending time with his wife and children. He enjoys golf, aviation and the culinary arts.
- Carolina Spine Institute — Fellowship in Spinal Surgery
- Medical University of South Carolina — Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
- Medical University of South Carolina — General Surgery Internship and Residency
- Medical University of South Carolina — MD
- Emory College, Atlanta, GA — BA, Summa Cum Laude
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery — Board Certified
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Sedgwick County Medical Society
- North American Spine Society
- International Spinal Injection Society