Foot & Ankle Surgery
Dr. Jon Morgan
Dr. Morgan joined Mid-America Orthopedics in 2013, bringing his specialty of Foot and Ankle Surgery. Dr. Morgan completed his medical education at Scholl College/Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science in North Chicago, IL. He went on to complete his surgical foot and ankle residency at INOVA Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church, VA and received specialty training in advanced wound and limb salvage techniques at the prestigious Georgetown University in Washington DC. There he served as chief resident of the Plastic Surgery Limb Salvage Team.
Dr. Morgan is Board Certified by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery in foot and rearfoot reconstructive/ankle surgery. He treats patients at all 3 Wichita-Area locations. Dr. Morgan utilizes the latest techniques to restore patient function with diminished pain in the foot and ankle. His practice encompasses everything from the use of custom orthotics and bracing, to elective surgery, deformity correction of the foot and rearfoot, fracture care, arthroscopy, stabilization procedures, diabetic wound care and amputation prevention.
Dr. Morgan is proud to offer his patients the most advanced foot and ankle treatments available. For patients experiencing severe pain and immobility of the ankle, Dr. Morgan has training and is certified on the STAR Total Ankle Replacement, the Infinity Ankle Replacement System, and the Integra Cadence Total Ankle Replacement. If not a candidate for ankle replacement, he offers arthroscopic ankle fusions which are usually less painful and can heal quicker than open ankle fusions. For those with Achilles tendon ruptures, he offers the new percutaneous repair technique (PARS) that allows a quicker functional recovery without a large incision and decreased chance of wound complications. In addition, he offers the arthrosurface hemi-implant or total replacement for the arthritic great toe joint. Dr. Morgan also offers PRP or stem cell treatment for those patients who may benefit.
- INOVA Fairfax Hospital, Fall Church, VA — Surgical Foot and Ankle Residency
- Georgetown University Hospital, Washington D.C. — Chief Resident of Plastic Surgery Limb Salvage Team
- Scholl College/Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, North Chicago, IL
- University of Missouri – Rolla
- Diplomate, American Board of Foot & Ankle Surgery
- Board Certified – Foot and Rearfoot Reconstructive/Ankle Surgery
- Kansas Podiatric Medical Association — President
- American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons— Fellow
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- American Board of Foot & Ankle Surgery — Diplomate