Family Nurse Practitioner
Orthopedic Nurse Practitioner
Pamela Fruechting, FNP-B, ONP-C
Pamela, a life-long Kansas native, has practiced exclusively as an orthopedic nurse practitioner since graduation from the University of Kansas in 1997. Her current clinical focus is surgical and non-surgical foot and ankle conditions, fractures, and diabetic foot ulcers. Her career experience spans trauma, joint replacement, and general orthopedics.
In 2006, Pamela was one of the first nurse practitioners to receive advanced certification as an orthopedic nurse practitioner from the Orthopaedic Nurses Certification Board. In 2014, she earned a PhD in nursing at the University of Milwaukee-Wisconsin.
Pamela is a contributing author for two chapters of Core Curriculum for Orthopaedic Nursing (8th ed.), published by the National Association of Orthopaedic Nurses (2021) and is a peer reviewer for Orthopaedic Nursing.
Past endeavors include development of orthopedic certification exam test items, writing and presenting continuing medical education, and serving as an expert witness in orthopedic malpractice cases.
Pam joined Mid-America Orthopedics in 2014 and treats patients at the East Wichita, West Wichita, and Derby offices.
In her leisure time, Pamela enjoys gardening, cooking, reading, and traveling with her husband, Vail.
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee — Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing (PhD)
- University of Kansas — Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Fort Hays State University — Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Seward County Community College — Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN)
- Kansas State University — Bachelor of Science
Licenses & Certifications
- Kansas State Board of Nursing – Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) and Registered Nurse (RN)
- American Nurses Credentialing Center – Family Nurse Practitioner, Board Certified (FNP-BC)
- Orthopaedic Nurses Certification Board – Orthopedic Nurse Practitioner, Certified (ONP-C)
- National Association of Orthopaedic Nurses
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Kansas Advanced Practice Nurses Association
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing