Orthopedic Surgery & Sports Medicine
Dr. Justin Strickland
Dr. Strickland has been at our Derby location since March 2010. He was raised in a rural town in southern Ohio, where he attended an accelerated combined six-year BS/MD program in Akron. In his junior year of medical school, he was elected to Alpha Omega Alpha, the highest academic honor obtainable.
Dr. Strickland did his residency at the world-renowned Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, where he received the Joseph Janes award-recognition by his peers for his compassion toward his patients and skills as a surgeon. He completed his education with an advanced year of training in sports medicine under the tutelage of Dr. Frank Noyes, one of the fathers of sports medicine. Dr. Strickland also has a certificate of advanced qualification in sports medicine and specializes in shoulder, knee and elbow surgery. He has significant experience with shoulder replacement surgery including reverse shoulder arthroplasty. He also performs some minor foot/ankle and hand surgery.
Dr. Strickland is an avid sports fan, he especially loves the Ohio State Buckeyes. He enjoys running and exercising. He also enjoys golf and tennis. Despite his work and outside interests, Dr. Strickland’s family is his number one priority. He and his wife, Jeanna, have three children. He is a “dad” above all else.
- Cincinnati Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center, Cincinnati, OH — Fellowship
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN — Orthopedic Residency
- Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine — Doctor of Medicine
- University of Akron — BS Natural Sciences
- Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
- Certificate of Advanced Qualification for Sports Medicine
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- Shoulder Replacement
- Osteotomy of the knee
- Combined knee ligament injuries
- Shoulder trauma fractures and dislocations