After working in petroleum industry and seeing limited career possibilities, Kent started working part-time as an EMT at a local hospital. He worked with many mid-level providers and found that they really enjoyed the patient interaction and challenge. Kent then began taking classes in the medical field and found that he really enjoyed the learning process. Kent thinks he sort of fell into medicine. As a Physician Assistant, he works as a team with his supervising physicians, caring for patients at Mid-America Orthopedics. Kent believes it is a humbling career but very rewarding.
Kent joined Mid-America Orthopedics in 2006. He feels very blessed to work with the co-workers and physicians in the practice. Kent really feels we have the best around. He works alongside Dr. Do and Dr. Strickland and treats patients at the East Wichita and Derby office locations.
Outside of work, Kent enjoys an amalgam of activities. He loves being outdoors so hunting, shooting, camping, or hiking, etc. are high on his list. He also enjoys working with wood or metal repurposing items that may be thrown away. Kent likes motorcycle riding as well. Currently, Kent is in the market for off road MC because you can go to so many out of the way places. His goal is to restore a vintage Airstream camper or build an adventure trailer.
- Wichita State University — Bachelor of Science, Physician Assistant
- Friends University — Master of Science, Management
- Mid-America Nazarene University — Bachelor of Arts, Biology
- Kansas State Board of Healing Arts
- Basic Life Support Provider
- Emergency Medical Technician
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Physician Assistants in Orthopedic Surgery